Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Livestrong 09

Enter Sunday - February 15th at oh say, 2:30ish. At Rick and Laurie's house in Deer Park. We run outside because supposedly they are coming down the hill! They being the AMGEN bike tour ~ Lance Armstrong is among the riders. The guys all run outside and set up this amazing blue tent. Thank goodness for Laurie who found it on sale at Big 5 and decided to buy it thinking maybe they would need it. It is FREEZING not to mention pouring down rain. But we are all dry and just awaiting...nothing though. Just a CHP. No biggie...
So as we are waiting we decide to set up shop. Wine, cheese, bread - completed on a very blue recycling bin. Come on now, it wouldn't be a race in the Napa Valley without the wine!! It must have been at least 30 minutes before we actually see any other action - or maybe it just seems like that because my hands are turning blue and my jeans are soaked at the bottom.
And again, I hear - "ok, I think they are really coming now!" Yea, Yea, we'll see....
And sure enough - here they come. Unfortunately, my stupid camera video decided it need new batteries right before the REALLY big group of them. But I got this video of the first few riders. It is really pretty amazing how fast they are going down this hill and how many chase cars weave in and out with the bikers right next to them. I have to say I have a totally new respect for cyclists. Wow. And although I am not sure where Lance was...he was there somewhere...and I am sure he heard the cowbells! More cowbell!! We need more cowbell....

No comments:

Post a Comment